Sunday, April 7, 2013

The show must go on!


I am so excited! My friends and I are putting on a fantasy play and I am hoping for the part of Snow White!
  I recited my part at auditions with confidence and poise, and guess what?  I GOT THE PART!!!!! 
  As the rehearsals went by, I had lots and lots of fun! And I have to add, Elizabeth was a very dramatic actress when Mckenna pretended to get hurt in one scene!
  But then some real drama happened. At Dress rehearsal, which was the day before the play, Elizabeth, (who played Cinderella), left her shoe out in center stage and Kit tripped over it!
  She came back the next day with a cast on! And the whole cast signed her cast!
Then Chrissa, the director, pulled me aside back stage, "Julie, I know you like your part as Snow White, but you are the only one who knows Kit's lines. And she can't be in the play any more and we need her part! Since you don't have very many lines I can learn them, so could you take Kit's part?"
Kit was Gretel  and she didn't have a pretty dress or fancy hair like Snow White did. Plus, I worked so hard to get the part of Snow White! But the show must go on! So, to help I said, "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment