Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth day!

Happy earth Day ! One of my favorite things to do is to go to the local park. There are always pretty plants and flowers! But when I arrived today I found that a forest fire destroyed almost all the park! 





As I walked closer I saw another doll there stringing tape around the damage the fire had done.
“Hello.” She said, “My name is Rosey and I work at the local Nature Preserve/Wildlife refuge, can I help you? "
“I was just wondering why you are stringing tape?!” I replied.
“We didn't want anyone messing with it!" she said
    

“I see,” I said “This is sad! I loved going to the park!” 
“If you want to, we need help raising money to plant new trees.” explained Rosey.
And that is just what we did! And I have to add, we made a pretty good team! 

  

When we finally had money to plant trees, Rosey showed me how to properly plant one. 

 
After months and months of tending the little seeds, they suddenly weren't seeds, but little trees! 

 

It felt great to help the park! And I made an awesome new friend! What a good Earth Day! 


 
I hope you have a great Earth Day! 









No comments:

Post a Comment