Saturday, March 16, 2013

Giddy Up!






 In a few days there is a horse jumping show, and I am nervous because I cannot make it over this one jump! 
When I tried that day I fell right off! I'll try again tomorrow I thought. 





But the next day was the same story, I fell off before my horse even jumped!! The next day I slipped out of my saddle, but I made the jump perfectly, WITHOUT MY HORSE!



I decided to just give up, and not compete in the jumping show! Then I remembered that giving up was not an option, and I remembered that I needed perseverance. So I didn't give up and decided to compete in the jumping show tomorrow! And then it was the big day and I was really worried that I wouldn't make it! But I tried to stay calm because if I wasn't, it would spook the horse.


When I was nearing the jump I remembered that the horse wasn't jumping, because I wasn't giving the signal to jump! So I leaned forward this time and... 
I MADE IT!!!! I got 2nd place!! It felt pretty good to never give up! I love horses and I wasn't going to let my frustration get in the way!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment