Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Salutations

 

Hello everydolly! Today was a bright and brisk Saturday so I went out to the Blue Sky Nature Center in InnerstarU! I walked out of my dorm room and passed my friend Logan, who was on the school boating team, looked unhappy, 
"Whats wrong Logan?" I questioned 
"No matter what I can not win the boating race at Star-fire Regatta down at the lake!"



 
C/O Google Images 


"I am sure you can do it! You are the best boater I know!" I encouraged her 
"Are you sure that I am not the only boater you know?" Logan asked 
"No! I know Emmy, Sara, Kalie..."
"Ok! Ok! You really think so? Well you have not seen me boat lately! And whats worse is that the tryouts for the school boating team is tomorrow, I'll never make it!" 
Logan trudged to the lake, and I walked to the Nature Center, I felt really bad for Logan. 
I wish I could do something. I thought as I plopped down on the park bench.
 

I looked around an thought what would make me fell better so could help Logan feel better.  Then I looked up. 

 

The sun was smiling down on the earth, Whenever the sun shines it is like a little greeting card! I thought

 

I knew what to do for Logan! 

I rushed to my dorm room to wright Logan a card! I got a pencil and paper and folded it in half and carefully drew a sun on the front, and then I wrote 

Hello Logan, 

Hello is too, well normal. So I erased Hello and wrote one of my fave words from a book I read called "Charlotte's Web" 

 Salutations (means Hello)   

 

I took the note and and ran to the lake but instead I saw Logan walking out of the Library on the way instead. 
"LOGAN!" I yelled, scarcely out of breath 
"What is it Julie?" she asked "I decided that I am not going to tryout for the team." 
"What?!? But Logan you belong on that team! And besides it is tryouts not make-the-team-outs!" I said even more out of breath scared that my note wouldn't motivate her. 
"But-" she started to say 
"Here." 
I handed her the note and went back to my dorm. The next day Logan knocked on my dorm door.
"Julie I made the boating team! I was not even going to tryout! But your letter changed my mind." She was bursting with joy.
"See? I knew you could do it!!!!" I said! 
 Brighten a friend's day my sending her salutations! 


Have you ever motivated a friend to do something?Comment below. 

2 comments: